Date:      Sat, 02 Apr 2005 21:16:48 -0500
From:      Pierre-Luc Drouin <pldrouin@pldrouin.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.4-prerelease - hanging under load

Since I upgraded from 5.3-stable to 5.4-prerelease, I've noticed that my
computer is hanging badly under load. I've a P4 2.53 GHz without
hyperthreading (no SMP). I use the same kernel configurations than
before. Now when I compile a port for example, the mouse pointer hangs
in Fluxbox and Mozilla takes forever (meaning ~5 sec) to refresh the
screen. Even vi hangs. I do not see any warning/error message. Is it a
known problem with 5.4?

Thanks

Pierre-Luc Drouin