Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 2004 02:48:06 -0700
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        Maxim Konovalov <maxim@macomnet.ru>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW2 #if's removal

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 01:32:55PM +0400, Maxim Konovalov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> An enclosed diff removes ~90 lines of "#if !IPFW2" dead code and a
> little "FreeBSD_version" snipped.  The purpose is to make the code a
> little bit easier to read and maintain.  Is it desirable to commit it
> in HEAD and MFC to RELENG_5?  Are there any objections/drawbacks?

this change makes the backport to 4.x a PITA.
Given that this is not a functional change but purely 'whitespace",
i'd postpone it to the time when we declare 4.x unsupported,
or at least 'IPFW1 on 4.x unsupported'.

If you really really need to commit something of this, please
leave the kernel part alone.

[patch omitted]

cheers
luigi