Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:19:54 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        marwan@q8internet.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LAN Configuration please.

Dead Line schrieb:

> Peace,
>
> A)
>      I would like to configure 3 PCs, the Main (Server) FreeBSD 4.2-R
>      and the other two points are Windows98.
>      The HUB and cables are already done.
>
>      The Windows Machines (Clients) would access some files on the FBSD box.
>      and the BSD should be the server for this two windows clients netwrok.
>
>      [snip]

install the samba port. Documentation about samba is at
http://www.samba.org/, documentation about ports is at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html

> B)
>     Later on, if i would like to setup the net, do i need to use a proxy?
>     how to do that?

No. natd will suffice. Man natd tells how.

Other useful information sources are

FreeBSD Cheat Sheets: http://www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd/sheet.cgi
DaemonNews: http://www.daemonnews.org/
OnLamps BSD Devcenter: http://www.onlamp.com/pub/ct/15