Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:58:53 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, John Hein <jhein@timing.com>
Subject:   Re: cvs tag renaming after repo copy

"Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> John Polstra has made a script (Fixtags) for it which we use for the
> FreeBSD repository.  I don't think he has any problems with it being
> distributed, but as it doesn't have a copyright statement i just want
> to ask before I distribute it...

Uh...  I wrote a replacement for that in 2001 (~des/bin/fixtags.pl).
I'm surprised you still use John's version, which is excruciatingly
slow, since 1) it's a shell script, 2) it's a *recursive* shell script,
3) it runs rcs twice for every modified tag.

My version was under 3-clause BSD; I just switched it to 2-clause.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no