Date:      Sun, 07 Apr 2002 14:17:25 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel trap 9 with interrupts disabled

Joe Greco wrote:
> I've got a new Tyan S2462 with dual AMD MP 1800+'s and a gig or two of
                                                     *******************
> RAM, which is being used to provide shell services to some users who have
  ***
> a variety of applications running.  It's virtually identical to another
> that I got and love, which is being used for Usenet news stuff.

If you could tell us *exactly* how much RAM you have, rather
than making us pick a random number between 1 and 3 (1|2 == 3
...8-)), then it would be easier to give a definitive answer.

However...

This will make no sense whatsoever, unless you have been in the
bowels of the startup code, but...

	options	MAXFILES 50000
	options DISABLE_PSE

If you still have the problem, set your KVA from the default of
1G to 2G or even 3G (depending on how much RAM you have) AND do
this.

-- Terry