Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 2015 10:45:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      ron scheckelhoff <ron@scheckelhoff.org>
To:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Odroid with scfb and xorg

Note: this concerns the Odroid-C1.

Having had good success with the scfb (actually wsfb) driver + xorg on NetB=
SD, I
thought it'd be great to do the same thing on FreeBSD (actually NAS4free is=
 on
the test device) - using the latest FreeBSD src for the kernel build.
=20
Dmesg shows the framebuffer as:
=20
fb0: Meson8B Framebuffer on ofwbus0
fbd0: on fb0=20
VT: initialize with new VT driver =E2=80=9Cfb=E2=80=9D.
=20
I think two more lines should have been included (similar to the following)=
 -
but they were not to be found in the dmesg messages:
=20
fb0: 1280x720 (***@0,0) 16 bpp=20
fb0: fbswap: 0,pitch 4320,base 0x1c288000, screen-size 3939840
=20
I get only the first three lines, and not the next two.   When I configure =
Xorg
to use the framebuffer driver scfb, it errors with:
=20
scfb(0): Using: depth (0) , width (1280), height (720)=20
scfb (0): specified depth (16) or bpp (16) does not match framebuffer depth=
 (0)
=20
I suppose this should be expected, since the (lower level?) driver didn't
correctly find the hardware parameters.  This driver combination works fine=
 with
the Raspi and Rpi2 boards, and NetBSD/wsfb/xorg works great with the Odroid=
-C1
board.  Note I am not very graphics driver savvy.  Maybe there's something
obviously wrong. What might I do to investigate further?