Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:52:35 -0600
From:      Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>
To:        Nicholas Esborn <nick@netdot.net>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcm (ES1370) crackling on Athlon, 4.2-STABLE

I've also seen something like this - when I grab my source tree using

	"cvs co -rRELENG_4_2_0_RELEASE"

and build a kernel from there it works fine, but RELENG_4 doesn't. This is
with

pcm0: <Yamaha DS-1E (YMF724F)> mem 0xd9000000-0xd9007fff irq 9 at device 15.0
on pci0

I see my source copy of quake 1 failing to set stereo sound or sampling rate
and word size, and if I comment out the code in the game that disables the
sound system whenever the ioctls fail, all I get is crackle with a beat.

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California