Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 12:24:07 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Pedro J. Lobo" <pjlobo@euitt.upm.es>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   What is a "transmit underflow"?

Hi, all.

I've got two FreeBSD boxes (3.1-R) working as routers, one with two 4-port
ZNYX 10/100 ethernet cards and the other with one of those cards. The
cards have DEC chips (21140A).

The routers are working perfectly, but from time to time I get the
following messages:

de0: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (raising TX threshold to 96|256)
de1: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (raising TX threshold to 96|256)

What do they mean? Everything seems to be OK, but I'd like to know wether
I have to worry about this or not.

TIA,

	Pedro.

Pedro José Lobo Perea                   Tel:    +34 91 336 78 19
Centro de Cálculo                       Fax:    +34 91 331 92 29
E.U.I.T. Telecomunicación               e-mail: pjlobo@euitt.upm.es
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Ctra. de Valencia, Km. 7                E-28031 Madrid - España / Spain