Date:      Tue, 04 Nov 1997 11:45:10 -0800
From:      Gene Minsung Kim <gene@nttlabs.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pthreads question

Doug White wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Gene Minsung Kim wrote:
>
> > Does FreeBSD pthreads library fully implement the POSIX.1c?  I saw the
> > prototypes for functions like pthread_attr_{get,set}scope and
> > pthread_attr_{get,set}schedpolicy, but couldn't find the function body
> > in the source files (/usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthreads/*).  Am I missing
> > something?
>
> Check the standard libc source.  When you try to build libc_r you have to
> build libc first, and the libc_r build borrows a chunk from libc.

Thank you for your reply, Doug, but I'm still in the mist.  :-&

No file in the standard libc source tree (/usr/src/lib/libc) contained
those symbols.  Furthermore, the result from nm said there were no such
symbols in both of libc.a and libc_r.a.  It's quite strange...

Any ideas?  TIA.

Regards,
Gene

--