Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:57:37 +0000
From:      Andy Fraser <andyfraser@apfraser.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xorg-clients conflicts with xterm (patch)

On Wednesday 16 Nov 2005 3:26 am, James Long wrote:
> After hours of head-banging over the past couple of days,
> I have finally succeeded in installing EITHER
> xorg-clients-6.8.2_1 OR xterm-206_1.  Previously,
> installing either port told me that it conflicted
> with the other, in spite of having cvsupped my
> ports tree twice to ensure I was getting the most
> recent version of the ports, hopefully including a
> fix to the chicken-and-egg problem noted in
> /usr/ports/UPDATING

I had a similar problem. xterm-206_1 conflicted with xorg-clients-6.8.2_1.
portmanager suggested removing xorg-clients after which xterm installed but
xorg-clients wouldn't build anymore[1]. Some Googling suggested that the
nVidia driver port (I don't know whether you're using this or not) replaced
glx.h causing the xorg-clients to fail (unchecked) and reinstalling
xorg-libraries would fix it. This worked for me.

I'm not sure whether you're having the same problem or not but I thought I'd
mention this just in case.

[1] I also had this problem with 5.4-STABLE but to get around it there I
installed a binary package to save time.

--
Andy Fraser.