Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:35:39 +0800
From:      Rong-En Fan <grafan@gmail.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.3-p16/i386 unknown reason console hang

Hello all,

Recently, one of our 5.3-p16/i386 machine got frequenctly hang. Details,

1. I can switch vty, but can't login (after typing username, got hang)
2. can response to ping, but not other tcp/udp services
3. can break into ddb

It's a IBM X236 (EM64T) with 2G memory, and running Postfix/Amavisd/clamav
and mail/openwebmail with apache2. Sometime ago, I also reported similar
hang on 5.4/amd64, in fact they are the same machines, but at that time, I
have some non-default nfs mount options. But now, nfs mount options only
includes -L and nodev, nosuid. I'm wondering if it is some kind of
hareware problems,
similar thins happens on 5.4/amd64, 5.3/5.4 i386. Anyway, I have kernel con=
f,
loader.conf, dmesg, and two ddb output (ps, show lockedvn, show threads) at
http://rafan.infor.org/tmp/236/.=20

By the way, a strange thing is that sometims, after hang, I reboot the mach=
ine,
after *foreground* fsck, when it enters multiuser, after the login prompt, =
I got
another hang. But this time, I can't break into ddb.. only solution is the
power cycle.

If you need more informations, please let me know :-)

Regards,
Rong-En Fan