Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 16:56:06 +0200 (GMT)
From:      Robin Lunn <robin@is.co.za>
To:        /G=David/S=Sandel/DD.ALISA=SANDELD@mhs-emerson.attmail.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

/G=David/S=Sandel/DD.ALISA=SANDELD@mhs-emerson.attmail.com wrote:
> How do I manually tell freebsd what my gateway address is WITHOUT using
> stand/sysinstall ???

If you want to change what your gateway is on an installed machine then edit
/etc/sysconfig and edit the "defaultrouter" entry.  If you want to set up the
network gateway while in fixit mode then type "route add default x.x.x.x"
where x.x.x.x is your gateway IP.

--
_ __                  | Only my ideas here unless I say otherwise...
' )  )     /          | (BeamJack@IRC)