Date:      Mon, 11 May 2009 10:00:16 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        Alexander Gumenyuk <alexander@gumenyuk.org.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System does not see network devices

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 03:39:24PM +0300, Alexander Gumenyuk wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Can somebody tell me which of following network devices of my laptop (Compaq
> 6730s *FU573ES*) is/will be supported by FreeBSD?
> I tried FreeBSD 7.1-Release i386 and none of them is detected by system.
>
> First one is Intel WiFi Link 5100, model: 512AG_MMW.
>
> Second one is Marvell Gigabit (don't know specific model)
>
> Here is pciconfig -lv info on them:
>
> none1@pci0:3:0:0:    class=0x028000 card=0x12068086 chip=0x42328086 rev=0x00
> hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
>     class      = network
> none2@pci0:69:0:0:    class=0x020000 card=0x30e9103c chip=0x436c11ab
> rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd)'
>     class      = network
>     subclass   = ethernet

This looks like Marvell Yukon 88E8072 Gigabit ethernet controller.
It's not yet supported by msk(4) and needs more work to support
Yukon Extreme and Yukon Supreme prior to adding the hardware to the
supported list. I don't have that hardware so I'm not sure when the
support code would be written though.

> Which *drivers/boot options/kernel modules* should I use to enable them?

AFAIK Marvell used to release binary drivers for FreeBSD. I guess
you can use them until msk(4) has a support code for 88E8072.