Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 1997 23:51:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Thane J. Frivold" <thane@pagoda.rooftop.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        tfrivold@rooftop.com
Subject:   Keyboard "freeze" if psm0 enabled

To whom it may concern,

	I have an ARM 6200T laptop computer with 166MHz MMX Pentium on
which I've recently installed 2.1.6-RELEASE (from WC CD-ROM) as well
as the PAO-960831 package.

	If I enable the psm0 device, it appears to be recognized
properly (I get "psm0 at 0x60-0x63 irq 12 on motherboard"), but the
keyboard will not respond at all.  If I disable the psm0 device, the
keyboard works fine, but I cannot run X11 without a mouse.

	At first I thought this might have to do with the PAO package,
but I have the same problem with the 2.1.6-RELEASE generic kernel.

	I already tried some of the "broken" laptop options from the
PAO package (e.g. ThinkPad 340, etc...) when building a kernel, but to
no avail.

	Any thoughts? Suggestions? Solutions?

	Thank you.

					-Thane J. Frivold