Date:      Wed, 08 Dec 1999 14:09:47 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Chris Csanady <cc@137.org>, "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>, Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   bktr driver changes

Hi there.

Well, I've noticed that the three people who reported the
bktr driver in -current being broken are all NTSC users.

Previously I had suspected motherboard chipsets and/or
slow CPUs but it looks like NTSC is the common factor to you
all.

So, as a stop-gap, I've backed out the changes made to
bktr_core 1.102.
There is a new bktr_core 1.103 which is actually
the 1.101 code.

So, please can you CVSup and check that things are working
for you once again.

Of course, we still need to fix the bug.
I've made the NTSC users happy, but I've lost some of
the functionality form 1.102 which made life better for PAL
users.

Roger
--
Roger Hardiman        | Telepresence Research Group
roger@cs.strath.ac.uk | DMEM, University of Strathclyde