Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 1998 11:50:16 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "Sameer R. Manek" <manek@ecst.csuchico.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh default sshd_config file

Sameer R. Manek wrote:

> Ports team
> I was wondering why you guys left the sshd_config file to
> have the following entry
>
> PermitRootLogin yes

	There is a balance between allowing the "flavor" of individual ports to
come through as their designers intended, and frobbing things to fit the
"FreeBSD Way" (TM). Personally I always change things in sshd_config,
namely:

LoginGraceTime 60
PermitRootLogin no
IgnoreRhosts yes
PermitEmptyPasswords no

But I'm known as a fascist. :) In fact, I sometimes enable the fascist
logging option, but it gets to be a little much on a busy system.

	You might want to contact the maintainer of the port about this.
Personally I would support a move to make sshd more like the way FreeBSD
does things because of the importance of it.

Doug