Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:59:12 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Morten Rodal <morten@rodal.no>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: losing network connectivity...

I have a similar problem with the 4.3-RC and the Realtek chip, just out of nowhere (usually at 2am or thereabout) one of my interfaces "shutdown". Nothing gets written to any logs or kernel log, and I will have to take the card down and up again before the network gets going again (now that's becoming irritating since it's my local interface and I then have to get a friend to ssh in and take the interface up and down since I have no monitor or keyboard on the firewall).

I didn't have this problem at all when I used 4.2-STABLE, and I don't think I saw this problem with the 4.3-BETA (but I've had a lot of reboots due to some power outs, so it might be that I've not noticed this).

Morten Rodal