Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 08:11:17 -0400
From:      "Larry Adams" <larry147@telocity.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FW: Kernel Build question

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG] On Behalf Of Bob Jiantonio
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2000 8:26 PM
To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Kernel Build question

I have an SMP box with a new copy of FreeBSD 4.1. Since GENERIC gets
installed by default, I want to enable SMP. Simple....

I went and copied GENERIC to SMP, made the appropriate changes and ran
/usr/src/make buildkernel KERNEL=SMP

Took off and running, after about a minute i stopped with Error code 1 in
"KERNBASE"

Then as a troublshooting action I tried the same thing with GENERIC and got
the exact same error.

Where can I look to find out where I wnet off the rails? I am definitely a
newbie to BSD and I think my shorts are showing :)

TIA,

Bob