Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 1997 14:45:41 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@korin.warman.org.pl>
To:        mika ruohotie <bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: osreldate.h  HELP I give up

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, mika ruohotie wrote:

> > > i havent been able to complete world in ages coz of the tcl prob,
> > Strange. I completed "make world" about two weeks ago with none of the
> > above. I mean, there were no problems at all - I typed "make world" and
>
> hmm?

[errors msgs deleted]

There's some mystery in it (perhaps stale dependencies lurking around).
You see, I also log my "make world"s, and here's what I got with -current
as of two days ago:

make world -DNOGAMES -DNOPROFILE 2>&1 |tee world.out

make world started on Tue Jul  1 07:54:17 CEST 1997
[.......]
 Rebuilding man page indexes
cd /usr/src/share/man && make makedb
makewhatis /usr/share/man

make world completed on Tue Jul  1 12:15:35 CEST 1997

There were no errors, repeat: NO ERRORS of any kind.

Ah, I should mention that I am used to doing

cd /usr/src/include && make all install

first. Maybe that's what's bogging you. Especially "incomplete type"
things suggest wrong #include or header files.

> i dunno if those would kill the make world or not... but these i've gotten
> for ages now... (i log my make worlds)

As you notice, I didn't use the -k, so this would surely kill it.

> during the time i've gotten these i've nuked my /usr/src at least twice, for
> another reasons, and made a complite re_cvsup...

Perhaps you should nuke the whole /usr/obj as well...

Sincerely yours,

---
Andrzej Bialecki                  FreeBSD: Turning PCs Into Workstations
<abial@warman.org.pl>             http://www.freebsd.org
Research and Academic Network in Poland