Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 23:27:48 PDT
From:      "Robert Helmer" <frumpler@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   all fixed!!

Ok, thanks to everybody who responded to me!

I successfully configured natd and am translating addresses left and
right :)

Also, (of course :) I'm having another problem.. whenevr I hang up
on ppp, the modem won't answer!

I use user ppp, each user has a special account to log in with
(usually the ppp login for user ``jon'' is ``jonppp''
and a /usr/sbin/ppplogin.sh is run, containing the line
ppp -direct $USER
ppp.conf is just like jon:
                          set ifaddr x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
used to work! maybe it's routed or natd??! please email
frumpler@hotmail.com