Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:22:15 +0300
From:      Dmitry Sivachenko <demon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pkg 1.5.0 is out

> On 14 =D0=B0=D0=BF=D1=80. 2015 =D0=B3., at 23:05, Baptiste Daroussin =
<bapt@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> Final pkg 1.5.0 has been released.
>=20

Thank a lot for working on pkg!

>=20
> For pkg 1.6.0 among other things and depending on the time, here is =
what we do
> plan to work on:
> - <please add here you personal ideas>
>=20

What I really miss a lot is support for package "profiles": an ability =
to build the same port with different OPTIONs combination.
For example:
minimal nginx version;
nginx version with passenger module (for puppet server)
nginx version with some other rare options turned on for custom =
application.

Right now I achieve this with manually renaming /var/db/ports/*/options =
files and some manipulations in /usr/ports/packages/All.
But a framework to automatically handle this would be very useful.

Thanks.