Date:      Mon, 12 May 2003 22:13:57 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd@fishballoon.org>
To:        Gavin Kenny <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xe problems [was: Re: what is /var/empty]

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 02:21:59PM +0100, Gavin Kenny wrote:
> if I type (as root)
> ifconfig xe0 media 100baseTX/UTP
>
> I get:
> ifconfig: unknown media subtype: 100baseTX/UTP
>
> I've had a look at the xe source and I think the
> command should be just 100baseTX but I am definatly no
> expert. Does anyone know how to force your xircom CE3
> cards up to 100Mbps?

Hmm... 'ifconfig xe0 media 100baseTX' works for me.  Admittedly on
-CURRENT, but it will be the same media keyword on 4.x.  I'm pretty sure
this worked the last time I used the driver on 4.x.  Can you force it into
10Mbps mode (media 10baseT/UTP)?

	Scott

Scott Mitchell           | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England       | 0x54B171B9 |  don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B |      -- Anon