Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:48:18 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
Cc:        Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Subject:   Re: Site list for 4.9 announcement

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 08:40:56AM -0300, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> Ken, if these sites are supposed to have the packages for the release,
> keep ftp4.br.freebsd.org out. We are waiting for hard disks... :-(

Unless people think this is a bad idea I'll have this at the top of
the list when I send it to re@:

The "Main Site" and "Primary Sites" will have all files related to the
Release (ISO images, files needed to do an FTP-based install, and the
Release set of packages).  You will probably get better performance from
a mirror site "closer to you" (check for a mirror site in your country)
but those sites may not carry everything (e.g. they may just carry the
ISO's).

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu