Date:      Mon, 6 Jul 1998 09:27:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@gold.amis.net>
To:        Morgan Davis <mdavis@cts.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best ethernet card for 2.2.6-RELEASE

> I'm interested in the opinions of those who frequent this list on what they
> consider the best 10/100mbit PCI ethernet card for FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE.
> And, given that 2.2.7 is scheduled soon, would your recommendation still
> apply, or does 2.2.7 open up support for newer cards (like the SMC
> EtherPower II 10/100 which 2.2.6 does not recognize)?

I'd say Intel Etherexpress Pro 10/100B without the blink of an eye. I
don't use it in 100MB mode (yet), but in 10MB it outperforms anything I
have seen and the driver is more stable than the Tulip (de) driver. This
is all IMHO.

Blaz Zupan, blaz@medinet.si, http://home.amis.net/blaz
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia