Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:20:44 -0400
From:      "Joe Gleason" <freebsd.list@bug.tasam.com>
To:        "Greg Quinlan" <Greg.Quinlan@swlct.sthames.nhs.uk>, <FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Slow to connect-services!

Are you sure it is not a DNS issue somewhere?  I have found that many
services will try to do a reverse lookup on the connecting IP to see where
it is comming from and if there is a DNS problem or that IP dosen't have a
reverse, it can take a while timing out waiting for the DNS servers to
respond.

Joe Gleason
Tasam