Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:29:42 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        adridg@cs.kun.nl, Adriaan de Groot <adridg@sci.kun.nl>, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The return of threading errors in ogg123

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 01:33 am, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Since a couple of weeks again, on -CURRENT, ogg123 has started bus
> erroring and segfaulting again, just like it was back in november
> before Peter's stack fixes. The "backtrace" is:
>
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x0000000200f19320 in pthread_testcancel () from
> /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
> #1  0x0000000200f10d68 in pthread_mutexattr_init ()
>    from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
> #2  0x0000000200f0f0ed in pthread_mutexattr_init ()
>    from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
> #3  0xd0d0d0d0d0d0d0d0 in ?? ()
>
> so that's totally useless; I've just finished complete upgrade cycle
> with
>
> FreeBSD beans.ebn.kun.nl 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Mon Feb
> 16 08:12:04 CET 2004
> root@beans.ebn.kun.nl:/usr/obj/mnt/sys/CURRENT/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>
> and done a portupgrade -acf, so things ought to be clean.
>
> The problem doesn't trigger as often or as easily as it used to - I'm
> trying libc_r now to see if that makes a difference, as well.

I'm currently suspicious of the implementation of signal delivery and
return handling for unrelated reasons.  It is possible that its also
affecting this.  I'm trying to diagnose/fix an i386 binary problem and
it looks like something might be missing in the MD code thats needed
for interaction with KSE, or something could be wrong with the ERESTART
handling.  Anyway, I'll look into this again.

BTW; can somebody point me to a .ogg file I can test with?

BTW2: the last time I asked for a .ogg file, I got sent a livejournal
recording from one of the committers' sisters..  it was very scary. :-)