Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 19:50:10 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.iafrica.com>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WordPerfect 7.0 for SCO

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

>I don't have an answer for you, but please treat this matter in the
>emulation list, and don't forget to specify your FreeBSD version.

Sorry, forgot to do that :-(

I'm running 2.2.5-STABLE (made world on 7/11/97). Let me just hasten
to add that I've got WP 6.0 on the machine, also running under SCO
emulation, with no problems.

>Have you tried changing the terminal emulation to vt100 ?

Yes. And vt220. And SCO. And SCOANSI, and a host of others. I grep'd the
whole CD for TERM entries, and tried most of those (roughly 30-40),
and those didn't work either. Does anyone know what a valid SCO
type is ?

>BTW: I think there is a demo version, you should have tried that one
>before buying the SCO version..I think the Linux version works.

Well, strictly speaking, I didn't buy it. It's an evaluation copy that
I got hold of for about $50, which I didn't think was too bad. If I
get it working, I'll buy the whole darn thing.

I'm willing to tar up the CD and dump it somewhere, if someone wants to
take a look. This is not an open invitation to copy the darn thing. Serious
offers only please. It's roughly 300M untarred, and I doubt I'll get good
compression on it, due to the fact that the files are already compressed.
Or I can dump it onto a 4mm DAT tape ?

I'd also be willing to donate another copy to the FreeBSD team.
If my memory serves me correctly, I sent Nate Williams a entire boxed set
of version 6, so I'm not really scared to invest monetarily. Although it costs
me roughly $100 in international shipping, it's worth it if it works :)

---
Khetan Gajjar   -   whois kg1779 | khetan@iafrica.com or khetan@os.org.za
http://chain.iafrica.com/~khetan | PGPKey : finger khetan@chain.iafrica.com
UUNET Internet Africa Support    | FreeBSD enthusiast-www2.za.freebsd.org
Unix is user friendly; it's just selective about who it calls a friend!