Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:03:59 +0100
From:      "Colin Jack" <colin@mainline.co.uk>
To:        <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   POP3 Servers

I am a newbie to FreeBSD, so please bear with me!

I have (with help) set up a FreeBSD 3.1 Release internet server for use as a
POP3 server for my clients, using Cucipop 1.3.1 and got it all working okay
except ...

I am having problems with the connection being dropped when a user has a
large (ish) mail spool. This is typically because they have 1Mb or 2Mb
attachments.

Questions:

1. Is anybody aware of a config error on my part that might cause this?

2. What is the most popular POP3 server for FreeBSD (what do Yahoo! or
Walnut Creek run for example)

3. Any other suggestions :-)

Thanks

Colin