Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:55:05 -0700
From:      Sriranga Veeraraghavan <ranga@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Supported UPS for FreeBSD

Hi,

In the wake of the rolling blackouts here in California, I find myself
in need of a UPS for my FreeBSD and OpenBSD systems.

My concern is about the hardware, not about availability; I don't want
a brown-out to damage my drives, powersupply, etc.

I'm looking for something that will be able to support both systems
for a few minutes (in case its a short outage) before triggering a
system shutdown.

If anyone knows of a good brand or vendor they would like to recommend
I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

----ranga