Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:58:40 CST
From:      "j scales" <agentbsd@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache problems and Setting Hostname Problems

Ok, when I type httpd when i am logged in as root it tells me to set the
"ServerName Manually".. I have tried, I have a sub domain cafebsd.dhs.org
nad i put that there no luck... I have not played with /etc/hosts.conf or
whatever that file is, I did do an FTP install when installing bsd and where
it wanted me to do dhcp I did not type a domain I left it blank could that
be the problem and is there a nifty way to fix it to where it thinks
cafebsd.dhs.org is its hostname. I just installed it a few days ago because
I was getting angry at being hacked at while I was using linux, FreeBSD is
easy.. well for me so far setting up and all.. But I neeeed to know how to
get the apache server working and how to set my hostname to
cafelinux.dhs.org. I've even tried the manual but still have not gotten
anywhere.
Oh yea cafebsd is gonna be a *bsd help server specializing in FreeBSD... :)
Thanks
- Agent79