Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:36:54 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        ade@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        howardjp@wam.umd.edu, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/19908: New Port:  games/kite

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 11:04:14AM -0700, ade@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: ade
> State-Changed-When: Mon Sep 18 11:02:22 PDT 2000
> State-Changed-Why:
> Just looked at this.. you're missing a PORTVERSION in the Makefile,
> which is a critical error, and looking at the MASTER_SITEs, the
> file appears to be gzipped and auto-gunzipping by the remote ftp/http
> daemon, if it exists at all, isn't happening.
>
> Can you fix the above two issues and reply to this PR with a new
> sharball of the port?  Thanks.

Additionally, while I understand why you made this port, I don't see
this port being very useful in the tree.  I would prefer if you ported
an actual project rather than making up a C file with some stdio and
then packaging it and calling it a port.  Hell man, we have other things
that do this and do it better.  :P

Can we close this PR now?

--
Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu> <will@FreeBSD.org>