Date:      Mon, 07 Nov 2011 16:22:26 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Noelia=2ESacrist=E1n?= <Noelia.Sacristan@oup.es>
Cc:        mckusick@mckusick.com, board@freebsdfoundation.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Request for Reproduction Rights (Oxford University Press Spain)

> Dear Sir,

Hi,
To quote:
	http://www.freebsd.org/logo.html
"All images listed under the heading "Resource" are available for
use under license from The FreeBSD Foundation."

which links to
	http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/documents/Guidelines.shtml

If you have queries, rather than asking on this questions@freebsd.org,
(where you will at best just get various personal views),
Try someone here if you want something official
	http://freebsdfoundation.org/contact.shtml
eg	board at freebsdfoundation dot org
I added CC for you.

> We are a Spanish Publishing House, Oxford University Press Spain, that =
> publishes textbooks for Spanish primary and secondary school. We are =
> interested in including, in a textbook of secondary education of =
> Computing, the logo of FreeBSD.=20
>
> =20
>
> The logo will be reproduce with educational purposes only. Therefore we =
> would appreciate if you can tell us these reproductions will cause any =
> problem.

I would anticipate no problem (& still no problem either even if
it was commercial so long as used within spirit of [Free]BSD).
(But that's just my individual off the cuff opinion as a long term BSD person)

PS If you also want to use BSD generic logo
(to refer to class of FreeBSD NetBSD OpenBSD & other BSDs etc)
that's copyright of Kirk McKusick his contact is here:
	http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/daemon.html
You'll find he's also OK no problem, so long as logos only
used appropriately :-)
I added him to CC too.

> =20
>
> If there is no problem with the reproduction, please send me by e-mail =
> an authorisation and the copyright line to credit you in our textbook.

See
	http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/
	http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/freebsd-license.html

> =20
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>
> =20
>
> Best regards,
>
> Noelia
>
> =20
>
> _______________________
>
> =20
>
> Noelia Sacrist=E1n Ruiz
>
> Departamento de documentaci=F3n
>
> =20
>
> Oxford University Press Espa=F1a, S.A.
>
> Tlf:   +34 91 660 26 00
>
> Fax: +34 91 660 26 29

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  Indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.