Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2008 16:36:17 -0000
From:      "John Clement" <john.clement@readingroom.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mounting geom partition

Quite some time ago I setup a machine with a couple of 250GB disks in
that were mirrored using geom, although I can't remember if I mounted it
as 1x 250GB partition or several smaller ones.  The machine they were in
died, and I kept hold of one of the two disks so I could restore the
data.  I'm now at that point and it occurs to me that I don't know for
sure how to remount it.

Before I plug it in and accidentally write over the partition table or
something, I just wanted to check with someone that what I'm thinking is
about right.  Having been going over the documentation again and from
what I remember the partition table should still be there (fdisk should
tell me this) and I should, in theory, be able to simply mount the
partition(s) as regular filesystem(s), is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

jc