Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 00:41:12 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Claus=20Guttesen?= <cguttesen@yahoo.dk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   error in ncurses in 'make buildworld'

Hi.

I installed 5.0 DP 1 with success and performed a
cvsup as of June 20'th.

While doing 'make buildworld' it stops at
contrib/ncurses.

The error I get is (first two lines)
../objects/demo.o: In function
`TestApplication::run()':
../objects/demo.o(.text+0x149): undefined reference to
`operator new(unsigned)'

Last four lines:
../lib/libncurses++.a(cursesmain.o)(.eh_frame+0x11):
undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/contrib/ncurses/c++.
*** Error code 1

Searched freebsd.org and google.com for workarounds
but to no avail. Do I need to supply 'make buildworld'
with extra parameters or do I simply skip building of
ncurses?

regards
Claus