Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:52:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@iaces.com>
To:        mmercer@ipass.net, mmercer@nortelnetworks.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is USR 56k #2974 a winmodem?

In a previous message, Michael E. Mercer said:
> Hello all,
>
> Is this modem supported?

No, there are no WinModems that are supported.
The reason is that there has a to be a driver written
for the modem to control everything. There is no
bios in the modem. It can't do anything for itself.

> If yes, What do I need to do to get it to work?
>
> controller pnp0 only shows me my soundblaster card.
>
> Thanks
> Michael Mercer

CONFIDENTIAL OPINIONS ABOUT LOVE

"I'm not rushing into being in love.  I'm finding fourth grade hard
 enough."                     --Regina, age 10