Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:37:55 +0100 (CET)
From:      Bert Driehuis <driehuis@playbeing.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: getenv() problems on 4.2-STABLE

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Rasputin wrote:

> * Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org> [010212 05:45]:
> > I've currently been working on the Gabber port. I'm running in to a constant
> > problem though. Whenever gettext or GNOME makes a getenv() call it
> > segfaults. This is Gabber 0.8.1. Here is an example of one of the backtraces...

> > #0  0x28c0e7a3 in getenv () from /usr/lib/libc_r.so.4
> > #1  0x2881aa5d in guess_category_value () from /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.1

> I assume Gabber uses X libraries, etc. to reach getenv?
> Is there a possibility one of those libraries may have it's own
> version of getenv?

More likely, there is an incompatible malloc somewhere (or a corrupted
malloc arena).

The MALLOC_OPTIONS (see man malloc) may help if something corrupts the
malloc arena.

Cheers,

				-- Bert
--
Bert Driehuis -- driehuis@playbeing.org -- +31-20-3116119
If the only tool you've got is an axe, every problem looks like fun!