Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 21:27:38 -0800
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Roman Shterenzon <roman@xpert.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: src/share/mk/bsd.cpu.mk

Since the Athlon/Duron have CMOV and the K6 does not, isn't it
practically a wash?  Whatever, scheduling benefits there might be for
using K6 scheduling may be lost by not managing delay slots as well
(since the pentiumpro has CMOV).  Of course, this depends on what gcc
2.95.x actually does in the two cases . . .

--
          _
   | |V| / '                       ||  MacroHard --                   \
\_| | | \_,                       ||     the perfection of form over |