Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 1998 11:48:18 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, FreeBSD-current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CVS DIFF fix for review (-L added)

=?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, J Wunsch wrote:
>
> > I didn't look into the code yet, but i was hoping something like
> >
> > 	run_setup("%s %s -L %s -L %s %s", ...)
> >
> > would work?
>
> Yes, it would be simpler. I write function keeping more complex labels
> in mind, something like: <fname>\t<date> (with embedded spaces),
> then find that it is not neccessary. I'll make simplified version of
> the patch and send it ASAP.

One of the patches you posted had the wrong number of arguments to
run_setup.  You added two %s to the formats, but only added one extra
argument.

Remember, this section of code is completely different in the current CVS,
as it calls an internal diff library rather than fork/exec/run-rcsdiff.

peter@spinner[10:56am]~src-155> cvs --version
Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.9.23 (client/server)
[...]

> > Also, i'm not sure, but IMHO the Index: lines should be dropped then.
> > They are obsolete at best, and confusing at worst.
>
> Index: lines still needed for ed-style diffs. Such case detection adds
> more code.
>
> --
> Andrey A. Chernov
> <ache@nietzsche.net>