Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 11:31:37 +1200
From:      rshea@opendoor.co.nz
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        drewt@writeme.com
Subject:   RE: How to Analyze Apache Logs? (Was RE: Attempted Buffer Overrun in via httpd?)

> > > I've been reading this thread and it prompted my to check
> > my logs.  I
> > > appear to have lots of hits as well.  Others are graphing
> > there hits and I
> > > would like to see how mine are.  Is there a port that
> > others are using to
> > > do this? What is recommended for a newbie to start
> > analyzing Apache logs?
If you want to analyze (rather than detect and react to) incoming traffic then
the Analog logfile analyzer is worth taking a look at ...

http://www.analog.cx/

... it does the analyzing and there are some 'sibling' packages which work with
it to produce nice looking output as HTML pages.

regards

richard shea.

Open Door Ltd
PO Box 119-46