Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 1996 17:14:31 -0600
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        Incoming Mail List <mailist@whoweb.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports installation issue

> I want to reinstall some ports collections but am running into the following
> error message:
>
> Package `xfmail-0.3b' already recorded as installed.
>
> I tried the '-f' flag but this didn't help.  How can I convince my systems that
> it's ok to reinstall this package?

The brute-force method is to remove /var/db/pkg/xfmail-03b by hand. Before you do that, work thru the /var/db/pkg/xfmail-03b/+CONTENTS file and manually remove whatever installed files are listed.

Also suggest you read the Makefile for xfmail and go to its home site and pick up a newer version to use. Don't think there is a port available, yet. But the original development of XFmail is under FreeBSD so you'll have little trouble building the current version. Um, you'll need the current xforms library...

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net