Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 1996 12:51:10 +0100
From:      kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de (Christoph P. Kukulies)
To:        jcs@owl.dhi.dk (Juan Savioli)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD questions)
Subject:   Re: Shell

Juan Savioli writes:

> Hi everybody,
>
> A month ago I got FreeBSD 3.1 running in my PC. It is working fine,
> but I have a question, the shell I got ther is C shell, at work
> I have korn shell and I think it is better, so is there any free
> korn shell I can get. I have the Walnut Creek CD-Rom so perhaps it
> is there but I did not see it.

In the ports collection (look for ports/shells) you will find
pdksh or zsh. You have two choices:

Either you copy that part of your CD to /usr/ports and create a link
from the CD distfiles directory to /usr/ports/distfiles, go into
/usr/ports/shells/<theshellofyourchoice> and say make ; make install.

or

you type
pkg_add /cdrom/packages/shells/pdksh-5.2.3.tgz
or
pkg_add /cdrom/packages/shells/zsh-2.6b10.tgz

Both will get you Korn shell 'klones'. Someone may correct me if zsh isn't
Korn flavor.