Date:      Sun, 6 May 2001 15:30:31 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   XFree 4.0.3 + Radeon QD Crashes 4.3-STABLE

  I have the following configuration:

  Gigabyte GA-7DX mb  (onboard ATA-100 and Creative sound)
  256MB ECC PC2100 (Crucial)
  1.33 Ghz Athlon Thunderbird
  ATI Radeon QD (64MB DDR VIVO)
  Adaptec 3950U2B
  HP CDWriter Plus 9120
  Hitachi GD-2000 DVD-ROM
  Western Digital 45GB IDE drive
  TEAC floppy drive

  Whenever I try to start the X server, I crash the whole machine.  No
traceback, no savecore, no crashdump, nothing.  The machine just goes
away.

  I am booted into Win2K at the moment, so I cannot get to my kernel
config or my dmesg output.  I will post those later.  Meanwhile, has
anyone else run into this?  Is there a workaround or a fix?

Thanks,
--
Chris BeHanna              "This isn't a throttle; it's a *rheostat*!"
Software Engineer