Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:11:15 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        tlippert362@earthlink.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless NIC Card

In message: <40C93338.4060606@earthlink.net>
            Thomas Lippert <tlippert362@earthlink.net> writes:
: On Thu Jun 10 16:16:58 2004 rtfm wrote:
: >    Are all variations of the netgear ma401 wireless nic card supported?
: > I looked in the wi man page for 5.2-CURRENT, and it seems to mention
: > model "ma401ra".  That card doesn't seem to exist, but I have come
: > across an ma401na.  I just want to be sure that this card is what the
: > man page was getting at before I purchase it.
: I have the ma401ra, on the box it just says ma401. I only see the
: ma401ra in the output of dumpcis. i suspect this may just be a build
: similar to the linksys cards which come in several versions. that being
: said this card at least functions well. this is a pcmcia card not a
: cardbus. This card does seem to work well on 5.x, though on this laptop
: the appropriate slots are only working on current.

The ra card is symbol based, while the non ra card is prism 2/3
based.  I have no idea what the na card is.

Warner