Date:      Tue,  5 Oct 2004 18:54:31 -0800
From:      "Peter A. Giessel" <pgiessel@mac.com>
To:        ALeine <aleine@austrosearch.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multifunction printer/scanner/copier recommendation needed

On Tuesday, 2004, October 5 at 8:41, aleine@austrosearch.net (ALeine) wrote=
:

>Speaking of support for Canon multifunction PSC devices, is anyone
>using the drivers for FreeBSD from the following site?
>
>http://canon.codehost.com

Yes, and if you try to install it on FreeBSD 5.x, the installer won't
even run.  It keeps asking for compat4x (even if you have it
installed).  To the installer to ever run you have to

ln -s /usr/local/lib/compat/libc.so.4 /usr/lib/compat/libc.so.4

It can't find libc.so.4 anywhere else.  Anyway, I can't get
their software to even print a test page, so I just use generic
postscript drivers to send postscript files to our printer.

I really can't say many good things about our imageRUNNER C3200.

I would NEVER recommend it to somebody else.