Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 15:01:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PR Submitted for vm_object_deallocate() panic

On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> >Hi...
> >
> >	I just submitted a bug report for a vm_object_deallocate()
> >panic that just occurred on my machine, but I'm curious if anyone else
> >is having problems with getting a core dump under -stable?
> >
> >	I'm using DDB to allow me to get a trace of the crash before it
> >reboots, and after typing panic at the ddb> prompt, it hangs while trying
> >to dump:
> >
> >dumping to dev 401, offset 172032
> >dump 16 <-- hangs right here indefinitely
> >
> >	The result is I get no core dump, and can't get any better debugging
> >information out of the kernel then a trace :(
>
> This is with an aic7xxx adapter right?  The problem is that When I brought
> the -current driver back to -stable a while back, I removed the poll code
> from the driver to fix a different problem not realizing that this would
> break crash dumps.  I've restored the poll code in -current and I will
> bring that back to -stable sometime this week hopefully.

	Nope, its an NCR SCSI controller...aic7xxx is adaptec, no?

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc