Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 1999 18:36:02 -0600 (MDT)
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        Dutch Collins <dutch@charm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WordPerfect 8 & SGML/DocBook -

> I have started reading the specs for FreeBSD documentation. I was
> wondering
> if anyone has tried writing with WordPerfect 8.

Yes. It made possible my complete divorce from micro*&^%$!((*&!!
about four months ago. It works fine. Clean install, just make sure
you do an install in X and _not_ in text mode from the command line.

I'm sending compatible documents ($ work) to clients all over the
country. win and aol mess documents up, but that can't be helped
much.

> although I would like to check it out.

There is a free version at corel.com. When you load it up, it will
show itself with an expiration date, but all you have to do is go
register--for free--and you are home free.
I bought the registered version from Linux Mall and got a bit of
a discount, $40 and change.

> [1] is it ok to say  shagged in public if you are not in Great
> Britain?

I have no clue. But don't say "bloody" in English company :)

ML Duke