Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:52:44 +0000
From:      Philip Crewdson <philip@state51.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   UK mirror warning

Just thought I'd pull out this bit of Rob Hartill's recent post, for anyone
planning on using the UK ftp mirror.

I don't go near it any more, having wasted a day trying to install from it
some months ago.

Is it really worth having if it never seems to be complete?

> On a related subject. I got stung by the UK ftp "mirror" that's
> missing huge sections of the distribution... I only found out
> when the upgrade noticed the missing files and got jammed (there
> was no way to recover gracefully from it).

Philip

Philip Crewdson

philip@state51.co.uk

a member of the state51 conspiracy