Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:27:02 +0200
From:      Pieter Westland <pieterw@euronet.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound: Mixer and AudioPCI ES1370

Hi,

In a machine (4.3-STABLE Fri May  4) I have a

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) May  4 2001 14:30:42
Installed devices:
pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1370> at io 0xdf00 irq 11 (1p/1r channels duplex)

Working fine, but when I want to use cam (via the mixer) I am not able to
adjust bass and treble etc. settings. I think this should be possible because
on an other machine (4.1-STABLE Mon Sep 25 2000) with a pcm0: <SB DSP 4.16>
I can adjust bass and treble-settings.

Mixer output on the affected machine:

Mixer vol      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer synth    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  50:50
Mixer line     is currently set to  75:75
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer cd       is currently set to  75:75
Mixer ogain    is currently set to  50:50
Mixer line1    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer line2    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer line3    is currently set to   0:0

In the kernel only a  OPTIONS pcm  is used for this device, tried to do a
MAKEDEV snd0  but no result.

Does anyone please have a clue for me?

Pieter
--
To the best of my recollection, Senator, I can't recall.