Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:07:54 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.1->5.2

--==_Exmh_-91939202P

If memory serves me right, Robert Watson wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Matt Freitag wrote:
>
> > Building 5.2-RELEASE from 5.1-RELEASE-p10 w/ipf+ipfw+ipfw6+dummynet, 5.1
> > Compiled fine with this setup.  I need ipfilter as it's doing my source
> > routing for ipv6 (multiple transits) since ip6fw doesn't support fwd. (I
> > just use ip6fw for filtering, and ipf for forwarding to the correct
> > interface according to source)  Am I just being stupid here somehow?
>
> IPFILTER now relies on the PFIL_HOOKS kernel option; this is something
> that is somewhat poorly documented, and we should add it to the errate I
> suspect.

It's in the release notes and in UPDATING...I have the feeling that if
people won't read it in either of those two places, they won't read it
in the errata either.  :-p

	Enabling the options IPFILTER feature also requires enabling
	options PFIL_HOOKS.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-91939202P

--==_Exmh_-91939202P--