Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:20:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Anderson <bunicula@rcn.com>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        "Stephen F. Tanner" <sftanner@bellsouth.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   unix games... Re: ???

Weren't there reports that Linux Quake III could run under the linux
emulation mode?

There are an increasing number of Linux games out there... QIII, Unreal
Tournament, Civ: Call to Power.

Perhaps they'll all run under FreeBSD too?

Brian

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> First, you might try using a bit more informative subject lines  ;-)
>
> On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Stephen F. Tanner wrote:
>
> >Can I still use windows games or msdos games if i use freebsd? Like teh
> >ultima games or online games like tibia. Or would i need to get unix
> >versions of these games, if i got freebsd.
>
> Windows is still the best game box out there.  There are very few unix
> versions of games, and certainly nothing new.  It's a shame we have to
> take up valuable HD space just to be able to play our games (I still keep
> windows for Monkey Island 3  :-).
>

> -jm

      AAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEE! Evil... Bright... Yellow... Thing...!!
     That must be the Daystar. I've heard talk about it.
                  User Friendly, 12/8/1999